Department of Visual Communication
Founded in 1987.
The Department of Visual Communication on the web: www.vkn.lv, Facebook.
The Department of Visual Communication prepares audio-visual media artists. Students acquire knowledge in working with digital technologies, photo and video, web design, printmaking etc.
The core courses at the Department of Visual Communication include:
1. Composition. Each term students work with a different tutor on assignments in 2D and 3D composition and web-composition.
2. Media composition, where different media are combined in a single assignment – light, sound, image, film etc.
3. Work in material. Work with printmaking technologies.
4. Publishing. Introduces students to the publishing industry and its history. Students work on various layouts.
6. Video – filming, montage, recording etc.
7. Photography – work at a photo studio.
8. 2D computer studies.
9. 3D computer studies. Animation and spatial composition in computer graphics.
In addition to the academic programme offered by the Academy, students carry out their own art projects and soon become active players on the local art scene. One of the priorities of the Department is to introduce the young artists to the international art-world and its major events, such as the Venice Biennale, Documenta, Manifesta etc.
Head of the Department of Visual Communication:
Professor Jānis Murovskis
- Academic staff
- Professor Ojārs Pētersons;
- Associate Professor Aivars Sprūdžs;
- Associate Professor Kristaps Ģelzis;
- Assistant Professor Raitis Šmits;
- Assistant Professor Mārtiņš Ratniks;
- Lecturer Mārtiņš Lablaiks;
- Lecturer Aldis Kopštāls;
- Assistant at the Laboratory of Digital Technologies Līga Marcinkeviča.
Phone: +371 67320371