Aim of The Council of Doctorate is to give the highest academic degree - Doctorate degree.
Term of the Council is six years and it consists of five people. The experts standing at the Council are approved by Latvian Council of Science.
At the moment Head of the Council of Doctorate is Dr. art. Eduards Klavins.
The rights to stand at the Council are to:
• Laila Bremsa - Associated Professors of the Art Academy of Latvia;
• Ruta Caupova - Main researcher at the Institute of Art history;
• Elita Grosmane - Head of the Institute of Art history;
• Kaminska Ruta - Main researcher of the Institute of Art history;
• Edueards Klavins - Professor of the Art Accademy of Latvia;
• Sparitis Ojars - Professor of the Art Academy of Latvia.