Department of Textile Art
Founded in 1961.
The aim of the Department of Textile Art is to train artists who are capable of creating artworks in any textile technique and freely express themselves in various media.
In their study years students learn the classic principles of textile compositions. Each term is dedicated to a specific subject matter – ethnography, structures of nature, motives of flora and fauna, human figure, stylization of forms, use of colours etc. Upon completing studies, the young artists are able to create unique artworks and have gained skills in industrial production.
Core courses of the Department of Textile Art:
2) Techniques – weaving, batik etc.;
3) Experimental Studies – use of alternative textile materials;
4) Interior Studies, Computer Design.
Phone: +371 67321887
- Academic staff;
Head of the Department of Textile Art:
Professor Ieva Krūmiņa
- Professor Aija Baumane;
- Associate Professor Elīna Ģibiete;
- Associate Professor Jekaterina Apale;
- Lecturer Irēna Andrejeva;
- Lecturer Īrisa Blumate;
- Head of the Laboratory Alda Korosēviča;
- Assistant Skaidrīte Leimane;
- Assistant Diāna Janušone.