Department of Fashion Design
Founded in 1993.
The Department of Fashion Design prepares students for work in various market segments – from ready-to-wear to high fashion. During the undergraduate and post-graduate study years, the young designers learn to work with different materials and methods, both classic and contemporary. Part of the study programme is dedicated to fashion as art, which gives the students an opportunity to turn clothing into an art object.
Core courses at the Department of Fashion Design include:
1. Composition. Assignments are related to work in the fashion industry and are characterized by an increasing level of difficulty starting from simple compositions to creation of haute couture. Students are also developing skills in working with different design computer programmes.
2. Practical designing. Students create clothing in different techniques using a great variety of materials and participate in fashion shows.
3. Theoretical part. Technologies of material, principles of fashion design, analysis of clothing.
4. Art courses. 2D and 3D art, drawing, painting, printmaking, study of colours etc.
Head of the Department of Fashion Design:
Professor Aigars Bikše
- Academic staff;
- Assistant Professor Inta Amoliņa;
- Assistant Professor Artis Štamgūts;
- Assistant Professor Edīte Parute;
- Assistant Professor Māra Binde;
- Docent Agnese Narņicka;
- Lecturer Mārtiņš Grauds;
- Lecturer Sarmīte Jēgere;
- Lecturer Ausma Viļumsone;
- Lecturer Santa Zariņa.
Phone: +371 67324090