INFORMATION ABOUT DIPLOMAS AND DIPLOMA SUPPLEMENTS
AT THE ART ACADEMY OF LATVIA
1. Latvian institutions of higher education issue state recognized documents certifying higher education according to the criteria and specifications outlined in regulations No 656 issued by the Cabinet of Ministers (www.likumi.lv).
2. Upon graduation the Art Academy of Latvia issues diploma of higher education and diploma supplement – educational document that is acknowledged by the state and that attests higher education acquired by the person in accordance with the accredited educational programme.
3. Diploma supplement is being issued automatically in the official national language – Latvian – and a widely spoken European language: English.
4. The Diploma supplement corresponds to the model developed by the European Commission, Council of Europe and UNESCO/CEPES and is elaborated in accordance with the European Diploma Supplement Model. The purpose of the supplement is to provide objective information and to ensure academic and professional recognition of documents certifying higher education. Copies of the diploma and diploma supplement issued by the Art Academy of Latvia are authentic to the original.
5. Both the diploma and the diploma supplement are issued to students graduating from the Art Academy of Latvia in Latvian and English free of charge.
6. The diploma supplement is designed to provide a description of the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies that were pursued and successfully completed by the person named in the document. Information is provided in all the eight sections. Where information is not provided, the reason should be explained.
7. Art Academy of Latvia awards BACHELOR’S DIPLOMAS to individuals that have graduated from the accredited academic bachelor’s programme ART (43211, 43213, 43214) and have completed the requirements outlined in the State standard of higher academic education. Bachelor’s diploma certifies that the first academic degree has been awarded.
Example of bachelor’s diploma supplement:
8. Art Academy of Latvia awards MASTER’S DIPLOMAS to individuals that have graduated from the accredited academic master’s programme ART (45211, 45213, 45214) and have completed the requirements outlined in the State standard of higher academic education. Master’s degree certifies that the second academic degree has been awarded.
Example of master’s diploma supplement:
9. Serial numbers of diploma supplements correspond to serial numbers of diplomas.
10. Diploma supplements are printed on chalk paper (115 g/m2) on A4 size pages (210 x 297 mm). Both sides of pages are covered with protective gray mesh according to the required specifications.
11. Pages of the diploma supplement are numbered, stitched and certified by the signature of the Rector of the Art Academy of Latvia and the official stamp of the institution.