Call for Papers Art Future & Future State
Conference to be held at the Art Academy of Latvia 25th – 26th November, 2016
“The future appears as the space of possible states” (Yuri Lotman)
As a research now is becoming a cornerstone of an art and design practice and advanced education throughout Europe, the necessity to address the future of art, design and art academies emerges. Even more, as teachers and researchers of art and design, we are responsible for of the future role of art and design in our society.
Continuing with the Centenary Art Future project the Art Academy of Latvia organizes the conference “Art Future & Future State”. The aim of the conference is to address the future state of art and design, relations between art and design education and artistic and design research particularly considering these relations as means of being capable to model, shape and transform our future.
Under this broad focus, contributors are invited to examine a number of more specific issues:
• Art, design and future thinking;
• Research in art and design and scenario forecasting;
• Artistic research as an instrument of future building;
• The change in the social function of art and design: from the production of the objects of consumption to the strategic future shaping;
• The role of the art academies in the development of the future awareness;
• Contractual and polemic role of art and design acting as means of creation of future models;
• The semiotics of the future art language.
Proposals of no more than 300 words for presentations of 20 minutes are invited. Proposals of poster presentations are also welcomed and they should be supplemented with visual sketches.
Please send abstracts to Dr.art. Andris Teikmanis (email@example.com) by September 30th 2016 (late-breaking submission by October 2th).
Authors will be notified about results by October 9th 2016
Art Academy of Latvia
Kalpaka boulv. 13, Riga, Latvia, LV1010