Art Academy of Latvia announces that the deadline for applicants to apply for the vacant position – the position of the rector (official position for a fixed period of time - 5 years from September 13, 2022) is being extended.
Requirements for candidates:
1. The candidate for the position of rector has obtained a scientific or professional doctoral degree in arts or has been elected as a professor in the field of arts in any Latvian or foreign higher education institution (a doctoral degree is considered an advantage).
2. The candidate for the position of rector has gained considerable experience or achievements in science, higher education or the arts (expertise and achievements in visual arts, architecture and music or creative industries are considered an advantage).
3. The candidate for the position of rector has gained experience in management (head of the institution, deputy head or head of a structural unit) in an organisation whose core activity is in at least one of the following areas:
3.1. higher education;
3.2. culture (art to be considered an advantage);
3.3. science (art or design to be considered an advantage);
3.4. a state or local government institution or a company founded by it, whose competence is related to higher education, art, art education or science.
4. If elected, the candidate for the position of the rector would not have been elected for the third term in a row.
5. The candidate for the position of rector knows Latvian (at least C1 level according to the European Common Language Proficiency Assessment System) and at least two foreign languages, one of which is English (at least B2 level according to the European Common Language Proficiency Assessment System)
6. The candidate for the position of rector has an impeccable reputation.
7. The candidate for the position of rector has an understanding of the education system in general and the cultural education system in Latvia.
8. The candidate for the position of rector has a vision of the goals of the Academy, the current place and direction of development of the Academy in the context of Latvia and Europe, the effective management of human resources, financial resources and infrastructure, and the candidate for the position of rector is able to present and justify it based on the current regulatory framework and the available resources of the Academy.
9. The candidate for the position of rector is motivated to work at the Academy and understands the core tasks of the Academy and the role of the rector in its implementation.
10. The candidate for the position of rector is not a member of the Council.
Monthly salary of the rector - EUR 5086,60.
Candidates for the position of rector
– should submit their applications to the Personnel Department (in Riga, Kalpaka boulevard 13, room 18) by July 29, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. In case of uncertainties contact by phone +371 28314173.
– or by July 31, the following documents must be sent in the form of an electronic document (signed with a secure electronic signature) by sending to the e-mail: silvija.kusnere(abols)lma.lv with the indication "Application for the position of the rector of AAL" in Latvian:
- CV in Europass form, which should reflect information about the candidate's professional and academic career, scientific achievements and/or achievements in the arts, work experience in the art sector and management work, foreign language skills and other skills that, in the candidate's opinion, may be useful in the position of a rector
- motivation/ application letter
- a document certifying the academic position of a professor in the field of arts and/or a document certifying a scientific or professional doctoral degree in arts. If the scientific or professional doctoral degree was obtained in a foreign country, a certificate must also be submitted as to which degree or diploma awarded in Latvia corresponds to the degree or diploma obtained in the foreign country. When submitting the documents in person, the candidate presents the original documents to the employee of the personnel department. When submitting documents electronically, the candidate presents the original documents when coming to the 2nd round of competition (discussions/interviews with council members).
Competition procedure – in accordance with the Rector's election regulations of the Art Academy of Latvia, the regulations can be found on the website of the Art Academy of Latvia www.lma.lv.
If there are any uncertainties, please contact the staff of the Personnel Department by writing to the e-mail: silvija.kusnere(abols)lma.lv or by calling +371 28314173.
In accordance with the data protection policy of the European Union and the regulatory enactment of the Republic of Latvia, the Art Academy of Latvia informs you that the personal data provided in your application documents will be processed to ensure the conduct of this competition. The controller of the processing of your personal data is the Art Academy of Latvia, registration no. 90000029965, legal address: Kalpaka bulvāris 13, Riga, LV-1050.