The last lecture will address the question of the Art museum of the future and the artistic practice. Professor Henrik B. Andersen and the Director of the Museum of Modern Art, Arken in Denmark, Christian Gether will discuss a number of topics such as:
1. The Art Museum in the future.
2. The social and political dimension with reference to the development of contemporary art.
3. Democratic approach to the art museum in the future.
4. Democracy - modernity - horizontal meeting with the audience.
5. Merlou - Ponty.
6. The Participatory Museum.
7. The open work of art, which is created in the meeting with the audience.
8. Who has the authority: the museum, the audience, the artwork?
9. The artwork's identity journey from easel to art museum.
10. Hierarchy. Artist - artwork - art historian - audience.
11. The museum from container to media and medialization.
12. The Art Museum as an Ecological System. Art Museum nature and science.
13 The significant shift of the work of art through the ages.
14. The museum's update in relation to the surrounding reality.
15. Collection from modernist elite to broad representation.
16. The museum mediates between an art - interested public and the artist.
17. The late modernist artists are no longer as exclusive as the romantic, modernist genius. Museum and avant-garde concept.
18. The Art Museum as a distribution system of significance.
The lecture will start with a short visual introduction to the Art Museum Arkens architecture and collection.
Wednesday, 16 December 2020, 15:00 (LT time zone, GMT+2)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 845 0282 3557