Who we are
This homepage belongs to and is managed by the Art Academy of Latvia (registration number 90000029965, registered address Kalpaka bulvāris 13, Riga, Latvia), known as data controller. The data controller shall protect and care about the privacy of home page visitors and the protection of personal data. The data controller undertakes to respect your rights to the legal processing and protection of personal data, as well as to comply with applicable personal data protection laws – the Personal Data Processing Law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and others, if applicable to data processing.
What data we collect
- sid – The sid or PHPSESSID cookie is used to create sessions and collaborate with PHP sessions, which is strictly necessary for website functionaluty. Expiration time: 1 year
- _ga – The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors. Expiration time: 2 years
- _gid – Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously. Expiration time: 1 day
- _gat – This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to restrain request rate and thus limit the collection of data on high traffic sites. Expiration time: 1 minute
How can we use the collected data
We can use your personal data to:
- provide your device, screen size, and browser with the most appropriate home page viewing and technical solution;
- remember your choice of language;
- remember your cookie settings;
- respond to your requests for information;
- preventing or detecting fraud or other crimes;
- ensure your data is safe.
We use short-term (session) and long-term (permanent) cookies. Session cookies allow us to track your actions within a single visit session, but they are not stored in your system after the visit. Persistent cookies are stored in your system between sessions. We use them to authenticate you and remember your settings.
We also use third-party cookies to ensure safe and convenient functioning of the home page, as well as internal statistics, namely to learn more about the activities of the visitor on the home page and to analyse the experience of the use of the visiting home page.
Your information will not be disclosed to third parties unless we have obtained your explicit consent, or the disclosure will be requested in accordance with the law.
Edit and update your data
If you want to review, edit, update, or otherwise change the information provided to us or you want to ban it from managing, please contact us.
Your data security
We are trying to ensure that your personal data is protected, so this website is protected by appropriate means for protecting against loss, misuse, or tampering with information that we cannot control. Although we are taking precautionary measures to protect confidential information and ensure adequate security, we do not guarantee that the information transmitted on the Internet is secure or that such transmissions will not be affected by delays, interference, interception or errors.
Links to other webpages