The Art Academy of Latvia offers higher education in accredited Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs.
Students learn not only to perfectly master their professional field, but also to create and develop thinking, mastering practical skills and a wide range of theoretical subjects concurrently with their specialization studies, which makes it possible to have a good knowledge of art history, to be creative, competitively critical-minded and knowledgeable. Studies are based on academic tradition and experience while creating individual handwriting.
The Art Academy of Latvia offers studies in 15 specialties, which are divided into five faculties. Drawing department is separate unit and provides speciality studies for all the other departments.
Faculty of Visual Arts:
- Painting department (BA and MA)
- Drawing department (MA)
- Graphic Art department (BA and MA)
- Textile Art department (BA and MA)
- POST (MA)
Faculty of Visual Plastic Arts:
Faculty of Design:
- Functional Design department: specializations in Product Design (BA); Interior Design (BA); Graphic & Packaging Design (BA), Functional Design (MA)
- Environmental Art department (BA and MA)
- Metal Design department (BA and MA)
- Fashion Design department (BA and MA)
Faculty of Audio-Visual Media Art:
- Stage Design department (BA and MA)
- Visual Communication department (BA and MA)
- Motion. Image. Sound department (BA)
Faculty of Art Science: