1. The criteria and procedure by which Latvian higher education institutions issue state-recognized higher education documents certifying completion of an accredited study program and samples of the said documents shall be determined by Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 202. From 16.04.2013. (www.likumi.lv).
2. Upon graduation from the Art Academy of Latvia, a diploma of higher education is issued, as well as a diploma appendix - a state-recognized educational document that certifies the person's higher education in accordance with the program accreditation.
3. The diploma appendix is automatically issued in the official language of the issuing country - Latvian and a widely used European language - English.
4. The diploma appendix corresponds to the model created by the European Commission, the Council of Europe and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO/CEPES), which corresponds to the form of the European uniform diploma supplement. The appendix is prepared to provide objective information and to ensure academic and professional recognition of qualification documents. Copies of diplomas and diploma appendixes issued by the Art Academy of Latvia are authentic to the original.
5. All students who have graduated from the Art Academy of Latvia receive a diploma and a diploma appendix free of charge in Latvian and English.
6. The diploma appendix contains information about the nature, level, context, content and status of the successfully completed studies of the person mentioned in the diploma. Information is provided in all eight sections. If information is not provided in any section, state the reason.
7. At the Art Academy of Latvia, a BACHELOR'S DIPLOMA is awarded to a person who has completed the accredited academic bachelor's higher education program ART (43211, 43213, 43214) and has fulfilled the requirements specified in the national academic education standard. A bachelor's diploma certifies the acquisition of the first academic degree.
8. At the Art Academy of Latvia, The MASTER'S DIPLOMA is awarded to a person who has completed the accredited academic master's higher education program ARTS (45211, 45213, 45214) and has fulfilled the requirements specified in the national academic education standard. The master's diploma certifies the acquisition of the second academic degree.
9. The series and number of diploma appendix correspond to the series and number of the diploma.
10. The diploma appendix page is made of chalk paper (115 g/m2). The page size is an A4 page (210 E 297 mm). Both sides of the paperr are covered with a uniform pattern protective mesh in gray color.
11. The pages of the diploma appendixes are numbered, threaded and approved with the signature and stamp of an official authorized by the rector of the university.