Open competition for foreign academic staff selection within the framework of Project Applications Selection Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 "To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization"
“Promoting the Employment of Foreign Academic Staff at the Art Academy of Latvia”
The aim of the Project – to promote the employment of foreign academic staff, thus contributing to the internationalization, export and international competitiveness of the Art Academy of Latvia.
Project results – 30% of the foreign academic staff who have received ESF funding continue to work as academic staff at the Art Academy of Latvia.
Project time period ‒ from 4th quarter of 2018 to 3rd quarter of 2022, with minimum project participation set at 6 months.
Requirements and selection criteria for the beneficiaries:
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A doctoral degree in the corresponding field of art theory and philosophy or the equivalent field of research or persons representing significant achievements in the corresponding field of art (design);/ art theory and curatorial studies;
- The teaching or research experience at the university (accredited higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)) during the previous five years excluding any higher education institution of Latvia;
- Relevant international professional and/or artistic experience in the corresponding field of art (design);/ art history, philosophy and curatorial studies;
- Robust teamwork and project management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Familiarity with a broad range of art theory, philosophy and curatorial teaching, practise and research methods;
- Corresponding field – Art, study programmes – doctoral study programme “Art” (Art History, Forthcoming Artistic Research) and / or Master's study programme “Arts” / “Art History and Theory” (Curatorial Studies).
When applying for ESF funding, the following documents are required:
- Application – Annex 1
- CV - Europass or in a free form with respect to the above requirements and conditions
for ESF funding
within the framework of Project Applications Selection Round of ESF project “To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization”
I hereby certify that when applying for ESF funding for the project “To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization” within the framework of the project application selection round, I will perform the duties of the academic staff in conformity with the academic work, duties, workload and remuneration agreed and defined by the Study direction Council.
ESF funding applicant ____ ____ ____ ____ ____/____ ____ ____ ____ __/
signature printed name
____._____. 20 ____
The data specified in the application will be used by the AAL exclusively for the purposes of ESF funding administration.