The Senate of Academy is leading and decision making institution what makes regulations for all spheres of Academies work:
- Creative work;
- Research work;
- Economical activities;
The Senate is also leading the study process and it′s working after statutes that are confirmed by the Constituent Assembly.
The Senate consists of:
- Professors and associate professors;
- Students which are elected by Student Council.
Senators are elected for tree year′s term.
- Goes through and confirms study programs;
- Confirms all the regulations and statutes, founds, reorganizes and eliminates institutions of the Academy;
- Confirms regulations for all the spheres of the work;
The head of the Senate is Andris Teikmanis, secretary Zilgma Predele. The Senate consists of 32 senators.