Open competition for the selection of doctoral students and candidates within the framework of Project Applications Selection Second Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 “To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization”
“Support for the employment of doctoral students at the Art Academy of Latvia”
Project goal – to renew AAL academic staff by employing doctoral students and doctoral degree candidates at the Art Academy of Latvia.
Project results – 90% of doctoral students and doctoral degree candidates who have received ESF funding continue to work as academic staff at the Art Academy of Latvia.
Project time period - from 4th quarter of 2018 to 3rd quarter of 2022, with minimum project participation set at 12 months.
Requirements and selection criteria for the beneficiaries:
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A doctoral student in the corresponding field of art (design) or the equivalent field of research;
- Relevant international professional and/or artistic experience in the corresponding field of art (design);
- Strong leadership traits and robust teamwork and project management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Familiarity with a range of art or design practise and research methods;
- Corresponding field – Art, study programmes – doctoral study programme “Art” (Art History, Forthcoming Artistic Research) and / or Master's study programme “Arts” (Visual art, Design and Media art) and / or Bachelor’s study programme “Arts” (Visual art, Design and Media art)”.
When applying for ESF funding, the following documents are required:
- The application for ESF funding
- CV – Europass or in a free form with respect to the above requirements and conditions
- Positive reference provided by the thesis supervisor on the doctoral student/ candidate as a potential faculty member.
for ESF funding
within the framework of Project Applications Selection Round of ESF project "To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization"
I hereby certify that upon applying for ESF funding for the project “To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization” within the framework of the project application selection round, I will perform the duties of the academic staff in conformity with the academic work, duties, workload and remuneration agreed and defined by the Study direction Council.
ESF funding applicant ____ ____ ____ ____ ____/____ ____ ____ ____ __/
____._____. 20 ____
signature printed name
The data specified in the application will be used by the AAL exclusively for the purposes of ESF funding administration