SDSI prepares the students to become versatile service innovators who can enable change in public and private organizations through strategic design, management and creative leadership. Its focus is on interdisciplinary studies and cross-specialization in design, business, technologies and social sciences. SDSI graduates will become change facilitators to contribute to innovative, effective and socially responsible service organizations globally.
At SDSI you can:
- obtain a double master’s degree – Master of Design from the Art Academy of Latvia and Master of Art (Art & Design) from the University of Lapland;
- study under guidance of international team of faculty from the Art Academy of Latvia, the Estonian Academy of Arts, the University of Lapland, and the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga;
- experience mobility – study in two locations – Kuldīga (Latvia) for the 1st year, and Rovaniemi (Finland) during the 2nd year;
- select the area of specialization for the master thesis - design, business, technologies and social sciences, and graduate with a practical MA project or a research MA thesis.
Remember: EU/EEA citizens and permanent inhabitants of the European Community can apply for a state-guaranteed study loan and student loan at SWEDBANK Latvia. For foreign (i.e., non-Latvian) students there is also an opportunity to apply for the Latvian state scholarship of 5000 EUR a year (just tick the respective box in the application form, and we will prepare the letter asserting your intentions to study with SDSI). Less than 25 students will be admitted – don’t miss your chance, and submit the application by March 15, 2022.
Following the situation within our educational institutions with helping the Ukrainian students, we offer opportunity to start studies of service design at SDSI in September 2022 – we will grant 5 Ukrainian students the opportunity to study without the study fee, and to obtain the Latvian state scholarship of 500 EUR / month during the study year. We believe that 2 years of master studies with an international diploma can be a valuable time to later return to Ukraine and invest their knowledge in restoring of the country.
- The deadline to apply for the scholarship is April 01, 2022.